CONFEDERATED SALISH (SQELIXw) & KOOTENAI (KTUNAXA) TRIBES
- Headquartered in Pablo, the Flathead Reservation is ranked fourth in land base encompassing approximately 1.3 million acres.
- The reservation is home to 65% of the 7,443 enrolled Confederated Salish and Kootenai tribal members.
- The Flathead Indian Reservation is home to three tribes, the Bitterroot Salish, upper Pend d'Oreille and Kootenai.
- The name the Salish people used to describe themselves is "Sqelixw" and the Kootenai call themselves "Ktunaxa".
- In July of every year, the tribe celebrates the Arlee Pow Wow and the Standing Arrow Pow Wow.
Constitution and By-laws for the
Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation
The Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribal Council consists of ten councilmen elected from the following districts: Jocko Valley and Mission Districts, two councilmen each; Ronan, Pablo, Polson, Elmo-Dayton, Hot Springs-Camas Prairie, and Dixon, one councilman each. Council members serve four-year staggered terms. Elections are held in October and December of every other year.
The current membership of the Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribal Council include:
- Joe Durglo, Chairman 2010-2014
- Carole Lankford, Vice-Chairman 2010-2014
- Reuben Mathais, Secretary 2010-2014
- Ron Trahan, Treasurer 2012-2016
- Leonard Gray, Council Member 2012-2016
- Lloyd Irvine, Council Member 2012-2016
- Steve Lozar, Council Member 2010-2014
- Jim Malatare, Council Member 2010-2014
- James "Bing" Matt, Council Member 2012-2016
- Terry L. Pitts, Council Member 2012-2016
Confederated Salish & Kootenai Tribes
PO Box 278 | 42487 Complex Blvd
Pablo, MT 59855
Phone: (406) 675-2700 | Fax: (406) 675-2806
Official Website: www.cskt.org